Read on for details on how we run this website, including our terms of service. In a nutshell, the goal is provide you with quality content and to abide by Internet privacy best practices.
This website is owned, operated, and edited by Kimberly Hensle Lowrance. By accessing, using, and/or submitting material to this site, you agree to abide by these terms of service.
This is a recommendation-based website, with no warranties expressed or implied by its content. Readers thus may use advice from this site on their own volition and at their own risk.
This site accepts advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation. From time to time, this site accepts and keeps free products and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. The compensation received will never influence the content of this site. Posts that are compensated in any way will include disclosure information.
We are occasionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, and various other topics. Even though we receive compensation for posts or advertisements, honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products is always provided. The views and opinions expressed on this blog belong to Kimberly Hensle Lowrance alone. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This means we receive commission or credits for sales when you use these affiliate/referral links. You are not required to use these links, though it is appreciated when you do as it helps to support the running of this site.
All content published on this site becomes property of Kimberly Hensle Lowrance. All content published here is subject to editing or deletion. If you choose to reproduce material from this site elsewhere, it must be a two to three sentence excerpt (not full content) with a link back to this site.
We reserve the right to restrict site access to the site due to inappropriate use, such as abusive behavior and commenting and/or spam.
We don’t (yet) have a newsletter, but there are still ways in which your information can be connected to this site:
- Comments: If you leave a comment on a blog post, you provide data (for example, your name and email address) so we can respond directly if necessary. We receive email notifications about comments, but those messages are deleted once a response is sent.
- User Profile: If you create a user profile on this site, certain information may be publicly visible. To create a user profile, you must choose a username and password and input your email address for profile confirmation. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your discretion, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website. You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account. Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
- Direct emails: If you email us directly or email us via our contact form, you are submitting your email to us through that process. As with comments, we regularly delete these messages.
- Metrics: This site is hosted on WordPress and has a Google Analytics account. These sites may capture your referring websites and user actions on this site. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. And, don’t worry; we haven’t finished reading the Google Analytics how-to manual, so we wouldn’t even know how to download your information.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by this site. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience. You may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by this site, by using a corresponding setting of your Internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs.
- This site does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that this site has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16, please contact us immediately (redshuttersblog @ gmail dot com) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information.
Finally, except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent. That’s not how we roll.
In select situations, you may request that we erase your personal data. To do so, submit a request tvia email at redshuttersblog @ gmail dot com. Please note that we may need to retain some information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
If you have questions, please contact us (redshuttersblog @ gmail dot com).
© 2008-2023 Kimberly Hensle Lowrance. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this site (including but not limited to content, video, and images) without express and written permission from this site’s owner is strictly prohibited.