Isn’t she gorgeous? I’ve been waiting so long for the peonies in my yard to bloom. Last night, as I pulled into my driveway from work I saw this beauty waiting for me. “Hello, I’m here,” she seemed to say. “I am worth the wait.” And, she is.
I skipped a Weekend Reading post last week. Did you miss it? I did. So, I’m coming back into the groove with this week’s post, which includes more-than-the-usual number of links to love, organized into categories (I’m trying something new with the categories – what do think?). Enjoy, my friends!
Women, working, and education:
- Why poor women don’t wait for marriage to give birth
- The “double bind”
- A love letter to after school care
Heathy choices and food:
- This post changed my shopping habits (truly).
- Stuck for dinner ideas? No more!
- Do you love french macarons? Oui, oui! Here’s how to make them at home.
Parenting and kids:
- I loved this birth story.
- The parenting apps we all wish we could download from iTunes
- The fine line between free range parenting and neglect
- This post offers helpful strategies to combat summer learning loss.
Fun and pretty: