Recently, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Connie of i suck as a parent (thanks, Connie!). Wahoo, I thought. What a surprise and what a treat. It had been the second time I was nominated for Liebster, actually, and it made me think that I should really should pay attention to it. (So, thanks also go to Julie of Next Life No Kids for the first nomination.)
The Liebster Award was developed to help draw attention to smaller size bloggers (some background on the award can be found here), and the best part of it is that it comes from other bloggers. Always a nice touch.
In the spirit of the award, I’m celebrating my receipt of my dear ‘ol Liebster, by answering ten questions provided by Connie…
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging back in 2008 on an impulse. I thought it would be a great way to keep out-of-state family members updated on the super cute things my infant son did. Little did I know that babies don’t do that much. About two years ago, I became more serious about my blog, which included spending more time writing content that’s of a higher quality than “my baby rolled over.”
2. What is your favorite movie?
Oooo, movies! Pre-kids, I’d go to the movies often. Now, it’s rare, but I do read a lot of movie reviews! It’s not quite the same thing, of course, but it’s enough to tide me over until the day I’m a more frequent movie goer again. Selecting just one favorite is impossible; I’ll chose three: 1) Funniest Movie – Dodgeball (I can watch this movie over and over and over); 2) Movie That Gets Under My Skin – Children of Men; and 3) Best Kids Movie – Mary Poppins.
3. Where was your last, best vacation?
Vacation…hmmm…. We took a “stay vacation” this summer and explored fun spots around New England. But last, best? That would have to be the trip to Paris my husband and I took three years ago. It was such a luxury to get some time for the two of us. You can read about it here.
4. Who is your favorite author and why?
5. What is your most prized possession?
My charm bracelet includes my father’s high school football charm, an elephant, a seashell, and charms for my children. Each time I wear it, I am happy and I am reminded to hold my loved ones closer.
6. Cat or Dog?
Neither. I’m allergic to cats (and don’t like them) and I’m not sure about dogs. My kids want one, but I don’t know if we ready for one yet. In the meantime, we’ve just welcomed Chloe and Dashy-Fish, two female Betta fish, to our family. I’m praying I don’t kill them. (See why I might not be sure about a dog?)
7. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
We had an opportunity this summer to eat at Menton and L’Espalier, two top Boston restaurants. AMAZING! Read about it here.
8. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
“Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!” Interestingly, as much as this quote is attributed to Goethe, it’s actually the work of William Hutchinson Murray.
9. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
After reading a book about Amelia Earhart, my son became fascinated by her. I had forgotten how brave she was and how inspiring her story can be for others, especially children. She’d be on my list. I’d also want to meet Cleopatra, after reading this amazing biography of her.
10. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
I have a few favorites, but a recent one, The Walk to School, has really captured my heart.
And, now that I’ve done my “show and tell,” it’s time for the fun part: I get to nominate other bloggers. Now, I have no idea how many page views these blogs have; they might be bigger than the Liebster guidelines. I don’t care: I think they’re awesome women, and I want you to know them.
And, my questions are:
1. Describe your blog in one sentence.
2. A la Where Bloggers Blog, tell us where you blog. Use a picture, if you’d like.
3. Why do you blog?
4. If you had a day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
5. Coffee or tea?
6. If you won $1,000, what would you do with it?
7. What’s your favorite spot in your home? Why?
8. Who has the biggest impact on your life? Tell us about that person.
9. Who’s the last person to whom you said “thank you”?
10. Finish this sentence: In five years, I am __________.