Hello dear readers!
How has your week been? Mine started off with a sick kid who, now, is, fortunately, on the mend, and is ending with a long to do list (at work and at home) and just not enough time to get it all done. It’s nothing new, I’m afraid. I wish, when my kids were born, I had grown two extra arms and let go of my need to sleep. How do you stay on top of it all? Please share!
In other news, I’ve recently been distracted by the news that a remake of the 1984 classic, “Footloose” is soon to hit theatres. Why? Honestly, I’m just puzzled. I remember seeing it in the theatre! It was just perfect…that music, the dancing, Kevin Bacon’s hair…..I’m officially boycotting it–not that I have time to go to the movies!–under the official belief that good things shouldn’t be messed with.
Something else that make me want to dance is the Weekly Roundup, so put on your Sunday shoes, and enjoy….
- This post includes important information about thyroid disease, which affects 20 million Americans. If you don’t know about it, please take a few moments to educate yourself.
- I love creative people, and I love them even more when they share their creativity. Check out this cool site of “freebies,” downloadable images, pictures, and more.
- Tight on space? Here’s a great way to reuse a pillow case.
- So cute–and practical! Is it a dollhouse, or a storage piece?
- This storage idea is stuck in my head!
- Would you rather be a whale or a mermaid? Here’s a positive take on handling society’s negative body image messaging.
- Oh, I wish I lived in LA, so I could go to this exhibit which features the living room of Charles and Ray Eames. More on the exhibit, which is all about California mid-century modern, here.
- Hands down, this is one of the coolest uses of Legos.
And, because I just have to relive my 12-year-old joy at seeing “Footloose” for the first time…
Have a wonderful weekend!