Quasimodo is now on R’s list of new words (yes, Quasimodo from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame“). He can also say:
- Twin — as in Cal and Owen, the twins who visited us yesterday
- Colorado — as in the home of dear friends and family — this word, in fact, he likes to call out at random moments: “Colorado, Mommy!” or “Mommy, where Colorado go?”
- Buzz Lightyear — as in the character in Toy Story (no idea where he learned about Buzz, but now a Buzz story is mandatory before bedtime, and mysteriously, he now has Buzz sneakers)
- Luke Skywalker — as in the “Star Wars” hero (I proudly taught him this one), another bedtime favorite (the one when Luke and friends go on a ferry ride is a top pick)
- Chewbacca — as in, again, “Star Wars” — he likes Chewie so much, he named one of his bears after him
- Perfect — as in “My body is perfect” (actually said) or “Perfect!” when his shoe fits just right or his food is warm and ready for eating
He is singing a lot lately. The primary songs in rotation are the “ABCs” and “Skinamarinky dinky dink” — though he will not sing on demand nor will he take any requests.
G, on the other hand, has progressed from “ba ba ba” to “da da” (yup, she’s a daddy’s girl). She waves, claps, and even stands at the edge of the sofa (with assistance). She’s trying to move and groove these days, and I imagine some sort of crawling is not far off.
It’s a rainy Saturday here, so I leave you with one of our favorites, courtesy of the fabulous They Might Be Giants….